|Apple Wood Smoked Leg of Lamb!||
Recipe Type: Main
Lightly Smoked Leg of Lamb. Apple gives the final dish a wonderful aroma and taste.
- 1 (4 â 5 lb) Boneless leg of Lamb
- Â¾ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 (3â-4â) stripped Rosemary branches
- 2 Tbsp âDizzy Pig Cow Lick Rubâ
- Â½ tsp Salt
- 1 Â½ bulbs Garlic (peeled)
- Â¾ Cup good Balsamic Vinegar
- Apple wood chunks
- Take lamb out of net and butterfly, making sure not to disconnect any large pieces. Trim fat and any silver. Score meat with paring knife. Blend olive oil, rosemary branches, garlic, âCow Lick Rubâ, salt in food processor, blender. Stir in balsamic vinegar. Pour over lamb in Ziploc bag and marinate over night, turning frequently.
- Remove from refrigerator to bring meat to room temperature. Dome set up, direct utilizing normal grill level. Dome temperature 500Â°+. 4 to 5 soaked apple wood chunks for a light smoke. Remove lamb from bag and discard marinade. Shake more Dizzy Pig Cow lick on meat. Place meat out flat on the grate, close dome, temperature 400Â°. Cook 12 minutes on one side and flip, sprinkle more Cow Lick on cooked side, close dome for 8 to 12 minutes to internal of 130Â°. Remove and let sit for 10 minutes before carving.
- I served as side dishes oil / vinegar salad and roasted potatoes, (olive oil and Cow lick Rub).
- Next time I try this recipe I may add a little mint.
Recipe Submitted by: Inflatable Man (Grill Dome Community)
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe