|Atomic Buffalo Turds||
Recipe Type: Appetizer, Side Dish
A flavorful twist to Jalapeno Poppers.
- 1 lb of fresh jalapenos (about 18-20 count 2-3 inch)
- 8oz block of cream cheese
- 1 slice of bacon per pepper (cut in half)
- 1 pound pulled pork
- This is what I came up with after reading several posts on the topic on other forums.
- Cut the end off of the pepper, slice in half lengthways and remove seeds.
- Combine cream cheese and pulled pork (add seeds and/or diced peppers to add heat)
- Pack cheese/meat mixture into peppers and wrap with the 1/2 piece of bacon secure with toothpick.
- Cook on a raised grid with a dome temp of 325-350deg for 30-40 min turning half way through
- Also added some wood chips to add a little smoky flavor.
- STUFFING VARIATIONS Mentioned in thread:
- /4 of an 8 oz package Cream Cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of Rendezvous Rib Rub and the little bit of left over pulled pork
- Pineapple cream cheese with jalapenos and bacon
- Cream cheese and taco meat
- Taco seasoning mix and refried beans
Recipe Submitted by: Max Powers (Grill Dome Community)
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe