|Cesar Salad Dressing||
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
This Salad Dressing was posted with and for use in [url href=”http://grilldome.net/recipes/poultry/chicken-cesar-salad-by-steve/”]Chicken Caesar Salad[/url]
- 2 small Garlic Cloves, mashed to a paste or minced *Tip 1
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced: May sub ½ tsp of anchovy paste (Can be bought in a refrigerator ready tube)
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Egg: May sub 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise **Tip 2
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher salt (To taste)
- Black Pepper (To taste), freshly ground
- In a small bowl whisk together the garlic, anchovies, egg, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add the oil in a stream, whisking until the dressing is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste (but go easy on the salt, because the Parmesan cheese and the soy sauce used with the chicken will contribute salt to the final salad as well). Makes about ¾ of a cup. Refrigerate until use and make sure to use on the same day.
- *Tip 1: Place the garlic in a mortar with a pinch of kosher salt and use the pestle to mash it together until you have a paste. If you lack a mortar and pestle, place the garlic and a pinch of salt on a cutting board and mince the garlic with a sharp knife until a paste is formed.
- **Tip 2: Because it has a raw egg in it, this dressing must be refrigerated and used the same day it’s made. If you are wary of serving a dressing with raw egg, substitute 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise.
Recipe Submitted by: NlSteve (Grill Dome Community)
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe