|Dinosaur-Style BBQ Beans||
Recipe Type: Main
Rich taste with hint of Zip! Try these out your favorite dish.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Large Onion, chopped
- 3/4 Cup Green Pepper, chopped
- 1 Pinch Kosher Salt and black pepper
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- 3 Large Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 8 oz Hot Italian Sausage, remove casing (May Sub: Pulled Pork)
- 2 (28oz) cans Baked Beans, preferably Bush’s
- 3/4 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Creole Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Creole Seasoning (May Sub: Available Rub)
- 1 Tbsp Molasses
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook until soft, adding a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss in the garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Crumble the sausage (or pp) into the veggies and cook chopping to break the meat into small pieces. Cook til the pink disappears (sausage). Drain off some of the bean liquid in each can so that it’s at the same height as the beans; then mix the contents of both cans into the cooked veggies and sausage.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low and add remaining ingredients. Simmer for five minutes. Serve immediately or cool and reheat before serving (letting the flavors blend a while doesn’t hurt).
- Feeds 10 to 12.
Recipe Submitted by: Randall Liles (Grill Dome Community)
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe