Recipe Type: Appetizer, Side Dish
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Grilling Asparagus, instead of steaming, allows the sugars to caramelize giving the vegetable a rich, deep flavor. Use the thicker stalks rather than the thin ones as they will cook more evenly.
- Â½ lb fresh Asparagus (12-14 spears)
- 3 Tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon-style Mustard
- 1 tsp Dill weed
- Â¼ Cup Olive Oil
- Coarse Kosher Salt (To taste)
- Black Pepper (To taste
- Trim off the tough bottom of the spear by bending it gently until it snaps at its natural point of tenderness. (about two-thirds of the way down the spear). Place trimmed Asparagus in a casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic, mustard, and dill weed. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking constantly to form an emulsion. Pour marinade over the asparagus, and marinate at least 1 hour, turning often.
- Optionally: Make grilling bundles by threading 5 or 6 spears of asparagus onto skewers.
- Increase the cookerâ€™s temperature to 375-400 degrees F.
- Grill the asparagus over hot coals, turning often, until crisp-tender, about 5 to 7 minutes basting occasionally with the marinade. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Submitted by: Mike Stines (Grill Dome Community)
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe