|Memphis Style BBQ Sauce||
Recipe Type: Sauce
Prep time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour
This BBQ Sauce was used in the “Memphomaniacâ€™s Simple Chicken Wings”
- 2 Cups Ketchup
- 2 Cups Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- Â½ Cup Mild Molasses
- Â½ Cup Orange Blossom Honey
- 1 tsp Salt
- Â½ tsp Black Pepper rounded
- Â½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Â½ tsp Onion Powder
- Here is a recipe for a sauce that I use both on ribs and shoulder sandwiches. I would consider this a Memphis-style sauce because of the sweet and the tangy from the vinegar.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over a high heat, and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, continuing to whisk until all ingredients are dissolved.
- Allow the sauce to boil for about a minute (watch for boil over), and then reduce heat and simmer uncovered stirring periodically for about 40 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Brush on baby backs or spares during last hour of cook and serve warm or at room temperature at the table. Also great on pulled pork.
- Excess will keep in fridge for several months.
Recipe Submitted by: Memphomaniac (Grill Dome Community)
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe