|Memphomaniac’s Favorite Cole Slaw||
Recipe Type: Side Dish
Prep time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour
Cole Slaw from Scratch, a great recipe with any dish!
- 1 medium head cabage, cored and shreaded
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 cups mayonaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds (we like it better with 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of white pepper
- I thought I’d post my favorite cole slaw recipe. This is good for slopping on top of shoulder sandwiches or as a side with ribs. Hell, you know what cole slaw’s for.
- This is very similar to the Corky’s BBQ(Memphis) slaw recipe. Might be the exact one.
- We usually just feed everything into a food processor and mix it up that way, and it turns out great. Or, if you’re not using a food processor, you could set aside the chopped-up vegetables and mix the dressing in a separate bowl, pouring it over the veggies and tossing when you’re done.
- It’s pretty good after about 4 hours in the fridge, but it’s best to leave it in there over night.
Recipe Submitted by: Memphomaniac (Grill Dome Community)
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe