|Memphomaniac’s Simple Chicken Wings||
Recipe Type: Main, Side Dish
Chicken wings for a main or side dish. These are simple and tasteful.
- 30 Tyson Wings, thawed
- Garlic Salt (To Taste)
- Black Pepper (To Taste)
- Olive Oil
- 1 batch Memphomaniacâ€™s Spicy Hot Wing Sauce
- 1 batch Memphomaniac’s Memphis Style Bbq Sauce
- Well, my second favorite food beyond bbq pork is chicken wings. I tried some tonight that turned out pretty good. Here’s how I did it:
- I fired up the GD and stabilized the temp at 250.
- The setup was: Regular porcelean grate sitting on top of fire-ring, direct heat
- I bought a 10lb bag of Tyson wings and thawed 30 of them using the defrost setting on the microwave. I then sprinkled the wings lightly with garlic salt and a little heavier with fresh ground black pepper. I sprinkled in a little olive oil, tossed them around a little in a mixing bowl and put them in the fridge for 1 hour and began making the sauces.
- When the sauces were almost done, I threw in a handful of soaked coffee wood chips and put the wings on the GD. The Fire may be uneven so grab the grill in the center with the tongs and rotated it a quarter turn before closing the lid for more even heating:
- Turn the wings every 10 to 15 minutes. You have to move pretty quick to get them all flipped so the fire won’t get too hot and you won’t die of smoke inhalation. The temp is fluctuating between 250 and 275, which is fine.
- After about 30 minutes, I added the sauces.
- Turned the grill another quarter turn and closed the dome. Continued to check every 15 mins or so.
- At about an hour I moved the wings toward the center more (because I could now) and cranked up the heat to about 300 for about 20 minutes. My wife likes the sauce charred a little, and I wanted to make sure the wings were done. Here’s what they looked like right before I took them off:
- I saved some of the hot sauce, so I put my hot ones in a mixing bowl and tossed them around. My wife didn’t add any sweet sauce to her’s. In case you’re wondering, we didn’t eat all 30. They hold in the fridge for a day or two.
- Notes: The coffee wood chips were very mild. I’ll probably use mesquite next time I do this. Didn’t taste the Datil pepper much. Will add more next time.
Recipe Submitted by: Memphomaniac (Grill Dome Community)
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe