|Mesquite Pineapple Shrimp Skewers||
Recipe Type: Main
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Shrimp need to cook fast and hot or they become rubbery. Grill them direct for a very short time – if the shrimp are no thicker than your thumb that will probably mean no more than about a minute per side on a hot fire. They won’t be over the coals long enough to worry about vaporized oil. I grill shrimp on a pair of soaked bamboo skewers to make it easy and fast to turn them, otherwise they overcook when you are flipping them individually. Shrimp are like scrambled eggs – if they look done while they are cooking they will be overcooked on the plate. Bring them just to far side of being done and let the carryover heat finish them off. – Gowan Fenley (Civalwarbbq)
- 25 Metal or Wooden skewers (soaked in water)
- 4 Onions
- 10 Tomatillos
- 5 Bell Peppers + (Add a few Serrano chilies)
- 10 lbs Jumbo Shrimp
- IceboxBBQ’s Pineapple Marinade
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before skewering food.
- Cut onions, tomatillos, and bell peppers into large, skewer-sized pieces. Assemble skewers, alternating 1 piece of each vegetable between 5 shrimps on each skewer. Arrange skewers in a large non-reactive baking dish and pour the marinade over. Submerge skewers in marinade, and marinate, covered, in the refrigerator, for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat and Stabilize Grill Dome to 275-350. Grill skewers for approximately 6 minutes, turning as needed. Remove from the grill and serve. Wood used: Mesquite or your favorite.
Recipe Submitted by: Gowan Fenley (Grill Dome Community)
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe