Recipe Type: Main
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Add marinara sauce or eat plain! This is some GOOD Homemade Bread!
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water 110 degrees
- 1 cup warm milk 110 degrees
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup thinly sliced pepperoni
- (you can also use chopped sausages in place of the pepperoni)
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Chopped onion,
- Grated parmesan cheese about a pinch (thats what grandma would say)
- 1 egg and a little water mixed together
- In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water and let stand for 5min to soften.
- Stir in milk, sugar, salt and oil. Add 1 cup of the flour and mix to blend. Stir in 1 1/2 cups more flour. Then remaining flour in bowl, on to a floured flat, kneed dough until elastic.
- Take the dough and roll it and bring both ends together, for a bout 5 min…, then cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled about 1 hour
- Punch dough down, turn out onto floured surface and divide in half.. Punch down dough, and flatten dough, like a pizza add all above mixture on the top of the bread, roll like a jelly roll, pinch edges, take egg and water mixture and wipe on the top of the bread roll, and bake 375 for 20 to 25 minutes on pizza stone
- Makes two loaves.
Recipe Submitted by: Don (Grill Dome Community)
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe