|Apple Jack Pizza With Caramelized Onions||
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 50 mins
No Experience Necessary with this one. If you like sweet and tasty, give this recipe a try!
- 1 Store Purchase Dough Ball
- 3 Tbsp Land O Lakes butter, divided
- 2 large Sweet Onions, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 Can (13.8 oz.) Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1 Unpeeled large Red Delicious apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Domino Granulated Sugar
- 3 Cups cubed cooked Chicken Breast
- 1/3 Cup cooked real Bacon Bits (from 3-oz. package)
- 2 medium Green Onions, sliced (2 Tbsp.)
- 1 1/2 Cups shredded Pepper Jack Cheese (6 oz.)
- 1 1/2 Cups shredded Cheddar Cheese (6 oz.)
- In 12 inch skillet, melt 2 Tbsp. of the butter over medium heat. Add sweet onions and thyme, cook about 20 minutes stirring occasionally until soft and golden. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove onions from skillet, set aside.
- Heat oven to 425. Spray large cookie sheet with Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll pizza crust dough on cookie sheet, press dough into 14 x 10 inch rectangle. Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Reduce oven temp to 375.
- Meanwhile in same skillet , melt remaining 1 Tbsp of butter over medium heat. Add apple and sugar, cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally until sugar is melted and apple is slightly soft. Spread onion mixture over partially baked crust. Top evenly with chicken, apple mixture, bacon, green onion and cheeses. Bake 10 to 20 minutes longer or until cheeses are melted and crust is golden brown.
- No GD experience with this one. PM me with your grill setup and sequence if you try it.
Recipe Submitted by: Sesquipedalian (Grill Dome Community)
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe