|Burek – Phylo Dough Wrapped Meat||
This is a traditional Bosnian / Turkish dish.
- Ground Meat
- Onion (To Taste)
- Salt (To Taste)
- Pepper (To Taste)
- Phylo Dough package.
- In a small saucepan (this I do on the stove), mix 1/4 stick butter, some oil (enough to coat the bottom of the sauce pan), salt and pepper. Set it on low and let the butter melt. You will use this mixture to add some extra flavor to the phylo dough.
- I use 1/4 onion, finely chopped (can also be grated), per 1 lb of meat. Mix oil, salt, pepper, onion and meat all together and keep mixing with your hands until its well blended together.
- Take out 3-4 sheets of phylo and lay flat. Fold back the phylo dough so only one sheet is on the bottom, the rest is off. Take the oil/ butter mixture and with a brush put a couple of dabs on the sheet. Put a second sheet on top of it and repeat the procedure with the brush and the mixture. Do it for all 3-4 sheets.
- Take the meat and put a row of meat on the sheet and then roll the meat with the phylo dough.
- It should look like the pictures.
- Oil a pan and place the rolls in the pan. Set temperature to 350 and let cook for 45min.
- I don’t think that it is complicated at all. It sounds more complicated than it really is.
- You might have to play with the seasonings/ onions, etc and the temperature based on your taste preference.
Recipe Submitted by: Stoic Dude (Grill Dome Community)
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe