|Tandoori Style Smoked Chicken||
Recipe Type: Main
Tandoori Style smoked chicken comes from the herbs and spices used to cook the recipe. An actual Tondoor Grill is a clay cylindrical style oven use for baking. Temperatures in a tandoor can reach 480Â°C (900Â°F), and it is common for tandoor ovens to remain lit for long periods to maintain the high cooking temperature. The Tandoori Style Smoked Chicken will not be cooked at these temperatures, however will give you a similar style and taste when cooked in a Grill Dome Kamado Grill.
- 6 Chicken halves, or whole legs with thighs
- 15 – 30 mL (1-2 Tbsp.) coarse Salt
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- Â½ lemon
- 250 mL (1 Cup) Plain Yogurt
- 5 mL (1 tsp) each East Indian spices, such as cumin seed, coriander seed, fennel seed, whole black pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
- Grind East Indian spices together in a spice mill
- Puncture the skin with a skewer to make many tiny holes. Using the lemon half, rub in the salt and garlic.
- In a large glass or ceramic bowl, mix together the yogurt and seasonings. Coat each piece of chicken well
- Place in bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight
- Smoking Method:
- Remove from marinade and discard juices. Preheat smoker to approximately 220Â°F. Place chicken skin side down on oiled racks. Smoke cook for about 3 – 4 hours, or until instant thermometer reads 175Â°F.
Recipe Submitted by: Smokey_Joe (Grill Dome Community)
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe