|Banana Walnut Quesadillas||
Recipe Type: Dessert
This recipe is for a serving of 4. Your prep time about 10 min. Cook Time is 7 min at 325 indirect.
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (more is fine is you like)
- 4 (8 or 10 inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 Cups coursely chopped bananas (more is fine if you like)
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Caramel topping
- Vanilla Ice-Cream
- Preheat your GD to 325 indirect, Stir together 1st 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat walnuts in either a non-stick skillet or cast iron skillet, stirring constantly, 6-7 min or until toasted and fragrant.
- Lightly brush 1 side of each tortilla with oil; sprinkle each oiled side with 3/4 tsp. of sugar mixture. Place tortillas, oiled side down on a wire mesh pizza pan.
- Toss together bananas, lemon juice, and remaining sugar mixture. Spoon banana mixture over half of each tortilla; spinkle each with 1 Tbsp. walnuts (Do not fold tortillas in half.)
- Grill tortillas, with lid down for about 30-40 seconds or until bottoms and edges are golden. Fold tortillas in half over the filling; grill 30-40 seconds or until thoroughly heated. Remove from cooker.
- Place quesadillas on individual serving plates; cut in half. Drizzle with caramel topping, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts. Serve immedately with Ice-cream.
Recipe Submitted by: The Big O (Grill Dome Community)
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe