A pizza stone is a great tool to use when making homemade pizza on your Grill Dome kamado, but it can be a bit tricky to clean. Here’s how to clean a pizza stone:
- Allow the pizza stone to cool completely: Never clean a hot pizza stone, as it can crack or break. Allow the stone to cool completely before attempting to clean it.
- Remove any stuck-on debris: Use a plastic scraper or spatula to remove any stuck-on debris, such as cheese or burnt crust. Do not use soap or water at this point, as it can be absorbed by the stone and affect the taste of your next pizza.
- Wipe with a damp cloth: Dampen a cloth with warm water and wipe the stone, being careful not to saturate it with water.
- Use a baking soda paste: For stubborn stains or odors, make a paste using baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the stone and let it sit for 15-20 minutes before wiping it off with a damp cloth.
- Dry the stone completely: After cleaning the pizza stone, allow it to air dry completely before storing it. Do not use a towel or paper towel to dry the stone, as it can leave lint behind.
- Store the stone properly: Store the pizza stone in a dry, cool place, away from any moisture or humidity. Do not stack anything on top of the stone, as it can cause it to crack or break.
By following these steps, you can keep your pizza stone clean and in good condition, ensuring delicious homemade pizzas for years to come on your Grill Dome Kamado.