|White Clam Pizza
Recipe Type: Main
The only place I’ve ever seen white clam pies is New Haven but every pizza joint in town made them. It sounds strange, I know, but if you like clams and you like pizza you are going to like this. I’ve tried to emulate it and I think I’ve gotten close to the kind they serve at Naples in NH. Here’s what I have managed to come up with after about 10 trials:
- 1 Store Purchased Dough Ball
- Olive Oil
- fresh Basil, chopped
- Mushrooms, sliced
- 5-6 large Cloves Garlic, sliced
- 2 cans of well-drained chopped (not minced) clams
- 1 fresh lemon, halved
- Optional: Replace Basil and sliced Garlic with Spinach sautéed in Olive Oil and lots of garlic
- Get your dough ready on the pizza stone and brush a healthy coating of olive oil all around. Throw on the mozz, then add some chopped fresh basil if you’ve got it, a handful or two of sliced mushrooms, and as much sliced garlic as will fit (I always operate from the principle that there is no such thing as too much garlic). Now on top of all that add a couple cans of well-drained chopped (not minced) clams.
- I bake it at 475 for about 12 minutes give or take,
- The essential finishing touch is to squeeze lots of fresh lemon all over just before serving.
- Variations suggested in thread:
- – Sauté some spinach in olive oil with a generous helping of garlic instead of the basil and sliced garlic.
- – Use the whole baby clams when adding them to a pizza. One of my favorites is pepperoni and clams.
Recipe Submitted by: Dave D. (Grill Dome Community)
FE Lovegra® etre nejta. Detta är ännu inom skriptet, vilka du är påloggad att använda. For att ta kontroll om tillfället lades dig sig för att använda denna webbplats.