|Hickory Serrano Jalepeno Bacon Pepper Jack Buffalo Burger||
Recipe Type: Main
This recipe is “NOT” for the faint of heart..burn. Whew that’s some good buffalo!
- 2 lb. Ground Buffalo
- 4 Serrano Peppers ( I used green but any level of maturity is fine)
- 1 lb Jalapeno Smoked Bacon
- 1 package Wheat Buns
- 1 package sliced Pepperjack Cheese
- Salt (To Taste)
- Pepper (To Taste)
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Start dome looking for the dome to stabilize around 400 F with a direct setup.
- Once this is achieved put the Serranos on the grate and let them get a little char so the waxy outer layer will separate from the “meat” of the pepper. When you have a good char pull them and put in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 5-15 minutes. After the peppers have sat cut the tops off and remove the membrane, seeds, and waxy outer layer that got charred.
- Dice the peppers down and mix with the room temp ground buffalo and seasonings. Form the burger patties (4-6 depending on how big you like) and place in the refrigerator to firm up and not fall apart on the grate.
- In a cast iron skillet cook the jalapeno smoked bacon to your preferred level of doneness and let rest.
- Toast the wheat buns on the dome, when they are done lift grate and put some Hickory wood (either chips or chunks soaked or dry, doesn’t matter) in the fire box.
- Put burgers on grate and turn only once to help the patty keep its form. When you only have 1.5 minutes left to get to doneness, put a slice of cheese on each patty and close the dome. Pull the burger patties and let rest for a few minutes for the juices to redistribute. Dress with bacon and any other condiments you like on a burger and enjoy. I don’t have exact times for each side of each patty due to the differences in patty forming of thickness and level of doneness so utilize a food thermometer to get your burgers as done as you like them.
Recipe Submitted by: BuffaloBoone (Grill Dome Community)
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe