|St. Louis Trim Meatloaf||
Recipe Type: Main
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour
A while ago I was asked what to do with St Louis cut Pork Rib Trimmings. It was suggested to grind up the meat and use it in a meatloaf. I thought this was a great idea. So here’s a recipe to use the trimmings in an homage to the cabbage roll.
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 lb Ground Lean Beef
- 1 lb Ground Pork Rib Trimmings (St Louis Cut trimmings)
- 1 Onion Diced (Vidalia if you can get it)
- ½ Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 tsp Salt (Or to taste)
- ½ tsp Pepper (Or to taste)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Begin by lighting the Dome and setting the target temp for 350 Grill (Not Dome). DD Down Indirect
- – Once the Dome is stabilized place the Loaf Pan on the main Grill
- – Cook to 160 Internal
- – Drain oils and tent until ready to serve.
- Pair with Steamed Cabbage, White Rice and Cabbage roll Style Red Sauce.
- Steamed Cabbage
- – Steam a whole head
- – At serving lather with butter and Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cabbage Roll Red Sauce
- -1 Can (12 oz) Tomato Sauce
- -2 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- -1 tsp Italian Seasoning
Plating: Slice Meatloaf like bread for serving and place two slices on the plate cover with Red sauce. Add White rice and Steamed cabbage to the plate and serve with a red Merlot.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe